Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 July 2011

BJJ class 4 and weight...

real good session again,massive warm up.we had a load of new brazillian guys in and a guy they called the 'hulk' (definately something the instructor does when theres new members!)

forward rolls, shrimping and back rolls. then we went on to some takedowns, the four stripe white belt i was paired up with was a strong top fighter and said more or less i had the same 'style' as him.As we are both competing next week he showed me some great stuf i can go for straight from a takedown, how best to pass gaurd and a load of other real simple, useful stuff. the more i train the more im realising i need to not use my strength so much and relax alot more.with wrestling it was 100 mile an hour constantly pretty much, this is alot more about timing and how to move. another thing that really surprised me from todays lesson was when a submission is applied properly, how little strength it takes to make someone tap....

after drilling with this guy we had some rolls where we started standing, he is a judo guy and threw me almost intstantly, he tapped me a good 3-5 times in short order, then i was paired up with a brazillian who was literally blowing out his arse and had no gi on, i pulled gaurd, put a choke on and made him tap!! was the first time i made someone tap in class so, even tho he was exhausted at least i knew a technique that i applied right...
we carried on and i tapped him out again this time with an arm bar from full mount.
I then had a roll with 'the hulk' this bloke told me he had trained mostly no gi and with mma guys, he had no gi on he came at me like a bullet.was quite strong but very tense,he lost all power quickly, i pulled gaurd and somehow worked my way round to his back. i tryed to get my arm underneath his chin for a choke but couldnt manage it.a blue belt watching us told me to 'straighten him out',once i did that it was alot easier to get the submission on, got to admit i was real happy with this one!! Another important lesson i took from the blue belt watching was not to cross my feet over when my hooks are in from back mount and showed me why.

even from the first session to now i feel ive come on so much. Cant wait for the next session and to learn more....

Weighed myself during todays session, my gi top was soaked through to be fair but still, i weighed in at 90kg!! couldnt believe it so will need to go very easy on my diet the next week to make weight for saturday.nothing new tho have cut weight alot before when i was boxing.... I need to be 88kg with my gi on

No comments:

Post a Comment