Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 July 2011

My BJJ training so far...

so ive had three lessons so far and have enjoyed every session,

SESSION ONE
 the first session was two weeks ago and the first thing i noticed, before i even walked in the door actually was how friendly people were.after getting all the mats in we did a MASSIVE warm up which im 99% sure was for my benefit, or the instructors benefit to gauge my fitness.i coped fine with it and when it was over walked off the mats to get a drink 'RIGHT, EVERYONE ON THE FLOOR TEN KNUCKLE PRESS UPS, NO ONE DRINKS UNLESS I SAY YOU CAN DRINK!!' shit, didnt realise that, lesson number one well and truely learnt...'1,2,3,4,5,6' then we all shout out the remainding 4 numbers '7,8,9,10' 'everyone say thanks danny'   oops!!

i had no gi the first couple lessons so i was paired up with a smaller blue belt (im around 88kg).i was shown how to do a triangle and again, what a nice guy, we then went on to a few other drills followed by rolling.i was paired up with the same blue belt and no matter what i did he stayed calm and was the most flexible little dude i think ive ever seen!! absolutely no matter what this little guy ended up in a better position and tapped me out twice. the second roll was again into a blue belt about the same size as me, we went at it real fast paced for the full round neither tapping and mostly with me in side control or in his gaurd.he and the instructor said really well done and well fought out.

SESSION TWO:

went pretty much the same as the first session apart from i was paired up this time with a very strong polish three stripe white belt, he was aggresive in the rolls and look forward to when im at his skill level to keep up!!

SESSION THREE: MY GI HAD BEEN DELIVERED!!

the first two sessions i went to were on a sunday and were fairly quiet,this one was on a friday and was alot busier, first of all we did a warm up.then we had the instructor and another blue belt kneeling next to each other, we had to jump and roll over them. next we all had to lay down top and tail.one by one we had to walk over everybodies stomach, man was i shite at this!!
when we rolled i was paired up with the first small blue belt i rolled with in my first class,we really went at it this time and he caught me in an arm bar which i rolled out of three times, he came at me hard again and accidently i caught him on the end of the nose.we stopped the roll and he was nearly sick from the collision. i felt like a cunt but was assured these things happen. next i rolled witht the second bb from my first class, his name is john and a nice guy.we went at it just as hard as the first time,we ended up he had my feet and i had his feet,somehow i got both my feet locked around his head and made him tap.was chuffed with myself for that for sure.he made me tap a good three times after that...
the third and final roll was with a blue who i hadnt seen or met before, i went in pretty full on holding on to his trousers trying to pass, he just laid back and kept me off easily.after about a minute he told me to stop and listen to him.he explained that i need to SLOW DOWN and stay loose.try and defend and feel my opponent out more.probably the most productive roll ive had to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment