Total Pageviews

Friday 8 July 2011

My 'unconventional' gym

so, what do I mean by unconventional??
from working in a health club for the last year ive came to the conclusion I dont like this approach to training AT ALL.
most people like to pay a monthly membership to go into a fancy gym with air con, tv's and cv equipment they can plug their headphones into, sit back and peddle away gazing into space. I think these places lack big time in motivation, interaction (some people come in with their headphones on, head down and dont speak to anyone their entire session!) and are very repititive. At the same time of day on the same treadmill or cross trainer, the same guy going through the EXACT same workout.makes me feel like im stuck in groundhog day at work!! not just that, even the personal training is limited in my opinion,(including myself) we go NOWHERE NEAR into depth enough for the money people pay, yes we use kettlebells,viprs and the TRX but really...its a gimmick.
After researching the internet and reading books I heard about unconventional training, and man did it blow my mind! Hitting tractor tyres with a sledgehammer, smashing battle ropes off the floor, chucking sandbags as high and as far as i can. kettlebells, clubbells, bodyweight exercises like chin ups, dips and so much more.All oldschool but to me this is what training is about.After training for two months now using these techniques the results are incredible, I have taken alot of pictures throughout and will post some up soon once ive got my head around exactly how to work blogger.By no means am I an expert im still learning daily and trying to better myself and family daily, through training, diet and the things we do in a day for our family and friends.
I currently have sourced the tyres I need, have a set of clubbells and have sourced the sand I need for the sandbags. I need to buy alot of things but none of it is expensive, one step at a time ill get there!

here is a link for you to see what im talking about, the magazine is well worth subscribing to...

mymadmethods.com

No comments:

Post a Comment